Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Nonstop...

Things have been rather non-stop here. It's always like this around Halloween though. I've either been running around or working on costumes. It leaves me with little time for much else. It's okay though. I think the only disadvantage is I don't have time to clean the house and it really falls behind. That's where the November clean-up comes in.

I really don't want to think of that right now though.

Since this morning we've had some really powerful winds. I love the sound of it but I'm not looking forward to the walk to get Savannah. I should be thankful that it's not so cold out that it's snowing though.

I hope the weather Gods are nice to us for Halloween! :)

I'll post the pictures now and then I got to get busy once again. I haven't had much time online like I would like but it's enough to post here.


When on the bike trail you can find some neat little discoveries.


There are some old ruins along the river and we had fun trying to figure out what it was.


We mostly came to the conclusion that it must have been some sort of factory or storage area.


We will have to check the historical logs to find out for sure.


There was also evidence that someone, not too long ago, was living there. There was a make-shift fire pit, sleeping area and bag that was full of trash. Boxes that once held beer were scattered around as well.


It brings up thoughts of time travelling and being able to see these sort of buildings in their former glory.


Sadly, now it's just old bricks and stones that are being consumed back into the earth. Graffiti now mar the site and it makes me sad to see.


It makes me think it would be great for a photo shoot for portraits though! I think perhaps in the winter it may be nice. I'll have to keep that in mind.

2 comments:

  1. That is truly a remarkable place. I love abandoned places like this but too often they become shelters for drug addicts or kids partying in secret. I used to do that a lot when I was in high school. Those were the days...

    I also love how the place is being taken back by nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fun to explore places like that. I'd love to stop in Gary, IN sometime, in the daytime and take pictures... if I wasn't so afraid to get out of my car!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.