Out of the Shadows. | Musicians Available
Those angry cries pass quickly by, he can't be seen
So many ways spent hiding in so many undone plans
Forgetting what it's like to fight when no one understands
Close call there in the shadows
There's a fear in the dark
There's one out there
All those memories, pain and anger, flood back one by one
They must be just around the bend, they always come
At night as I lay sleeping they come to me in herds
Their lies remain, the dreams the same, it's only fleeting words
No one calls there in the shadows
There's no end to the dark
But there's one out there, no one but me....
The hours pass so slowly, the life's slipping out of me
No way's the right way. Is there a way out for me?
My life's slipping out...
Rising up, the night is done, and now the bright lights come
Held back in my pitied world where everything's undone
A cold wind blows right through me, I'm made a hollow shell
There's nothing left, just ash remains, enrich the soil, no soil, no soil...
Close call there in the shadows
There's an end to the dark
'Cause there's someone out there
Someone like me...
The hours pass so slowly, the life's slipping out of me
No way's the right way, is there a way out for me
The hours pass so slowly
The life's slipping out of me
Is there a way out for me?
There must be a way out for me...
We are back from Southern Indiana! It was a lot of fun visiting our friend Mel and going to Oktoberfest. She, Mel, is up with us now till Thursday and we will drop her off in Chicago so she can take the bus home.
Oktoberfest was definitely fun although it was quite chilly. We ate so many yummy fair foods, had fun browsing and then going on fair rides. Savannah and I had a blast on the rides. We just loooooooooooove rides.
Our favorite was 'The Zipper'. The Carnies were nice, for the most part, and gave us longer rides! There was a bit of VERY uncomfortable moments with a couple of Carnies though. One was desperately flirting, in the sleazy way, with me RIGHT IN FRONT of Savannah. Savannah and I were both very weirded out.
Another Carnie made me very upset. We hopped onto a ride where you sit down across other people and it whips you around in circles. Savannah, Leif, I and Dave were in our seats and three other women hopped in too. One of them ended up getting sick and threw up a few times. (Luckily, it wasn't that bad. It didn't fly everywhere, thank the stars!!) When we stopped I was the last to get out of the ride. The Carnie who helped everyone out started out with derogatory slurs about the other women, who happened to be Latino. Then he had the audacity to say: "Their people aren't used to the cold weather, huh?" I was so mad!!!! It's a reminder of how some people are beyond close minded. I forget sometimes that there are people like that in the world but some dummy pops in and is a harsh reminder.
Besides those ucky instances, we had a lot of fun. On our way home we stopped in Chicago to go to Mitsuwa. I love going there to eat and do some shopping for Japanese products that are hard to get.
Today we are doing a little cleaning & laundry to catch up on what was left, as we left hurried on Friday. I'll be walking to get Savannah in 20 minutes too. It's chillier day but at least the sun is out to make it feel a tad warmer. ;)♫
It's amazing how the foliage in spring before/just after the winter thaws look like the plants in autumn. I was just marveling at that while looking at your photos.
ReplyDeleteOh, Mel! You guys are SO LUCKY to have her over for a few days. I wish I was there! You better give her lots of hugs from me. I miss her giggles.
I don't know when I will get back down to visit you guys. Luck was not with me last weekend. My brother and I went to the casino and we lost BIG TIME. I'm more broke than I can imagine... and kicking myself for letting my Dad talk me into gambling. I'm good at giving/providing luck to others but I suck at gambling. Waaahhhh!