On the billows the wind raves,
and) I let myself go. ♫
Music is an essential part of my life. My tastes are very eclectic and really do bridge many, many generations.
One of my musical fancies are the early records/recordings from the early 20th century. When ideas of smoky dance halls and dinner were ordinary, dressing up just to go out shopping, and focusing on the new freedoms that we once took for granted. I love the old popping, hissing and echo-y voices crooning. Early before the days of copy-writing a song and everyone had their own version of "Minnie the Moocher".
Yet, I can still appreciate the music of any generation. Give me Vivaldi; give me Lady Gaga. I can still love it and appreciate it for what it is.
Music really does set my mood for the day. It inspires me in many ways and often creates life into my drawings or gets me out taking pictures.
Why is it that rainy days bring out the colors and make them more intense?
I feel so fortunate that I have nature watching over me and saying hello to me where ever I go.
This flower almost looks like it's beginning to rust.
I close up of one of my favorite flowers; the tiger lily.
This small delicate flower reminds me of a baby bonnet. (I believe this was an oregano flower from my herb garden.)
How is it one flower can mean so much? Giving a flower used to be a secret language that everyone knew. Some of it has trickled into our society still but most was forgotten.
Every bouquet was actually a letter detailing your feelings.
I was listening to DeBussy today while reading your blog! Synchronicity. DeBussy's Nocturnes go very well with your blog today. Like you, music touches my soul. I'm in awe of the beauty all around us and it makes me wonder... why isn't everyone else floating around because of all this beauty?
ReplyDeleteThank you for preserving the flowers. I especially like the gossamer-dewed one!
DeBussy is another one of my faves. I can just hear it as I type. :)
ReplyDeleteYour blog hits a few spots for me... music is a must - (though Lady Gaga isn't one of my absolute favs) as is nature, and fine photography. Your photos are amazing - especially your black & whites - simply stunning. It is a pleasure to meet you - thank you for your visit.
ReplyDeleteTsduff: Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you for stopping by! I'm extremely flattered.
ReplyDelete