Eats a small lump of sugar
And smiles at the moon like he knows her ♪
The time of transitions are here. Yes, we have had the leaves change but today you could really feel it. Winter is sending her gentle reminder in the smell of the wind. We are to officially have the coldest night, so far, this fall. (I wonder if this will scare away the robins who have been lingering?)
So, I couldn't procrastinate any longer! I had to bring in my plants that wouldn't fair well in the winter. Many of the outdoor plants can be brought in to bring summer joy throughout the winter. I brought in my geraniums, a decorative lily, basil, petunias and my marigolds. This will also save me money next year; I wont have to buy new plants to replace them.
I find happiness in my home that is filled with love, music, plants and Halloween goodness. My dream home is actually the A-Typical classic in the country "haunted house" style.
Want to come in for tea, dear?
Here's to the hope of being able to build or find something like this! :D
Savannah is out of school for the next couple of days. She's currently outside finishing up the decorations. She's going to be staking the tombstones, that we made, down into the ground. Hopefully they wont blow away! She's just as excited about Halloween as I am. She starts planning her costumes quite a few months before October! This year she is going as Sheik from Zelda's, Ocarina of Time.
I love making costumes. I'll either make them from scratch; creating my own patterns, or making/altering from a pattern. It's so much fun for me! The feeling of transforming yourself, dressing up any chance I can get, is a real high for me. So, I'll Cosplay, I'll do Renaissance, and costume parties!
What do you mean this isn't appropriate for Easter?
As I said yesterday; the adventure didn't end for us once we got home and it was dark. We decided to load up into the car and take Allison for a drive out to a lake and take pictures!
The sky was so clear and full of stars. There was a slight breeze coming off the lake but it didn't make it unbearably cold.
It looks like it could be a setting for a horror film.
It was so peaceful. The sound of the leaves rustling in the wind and fish jumping out of the water was the only sound to be heard.
It's moments like this that will be memories that wont be forgotten.
Allison and Josh leaned back on the boat rental building while I made a small dash to the rudimentary bathrooms. They were glorified port-a-potties but I was thankful not to have to find a dark corner and bush.
Shouldn't everyone take moments like these? Do something out of the ordinary to break routine!
Josh looked preoccupied with his phone but Allison and I were talking about many things. She looks so cute here!!!
The glare from the different light sources gave this a vintage feel. I love how it turned out.
Annnnnd, yes, there will be the final batch of these photos tomorrow.
If I looked at your photos any earlier in a day I would get no work done..
ReplyDeleteI must limit myself to comment on just one..
The last one looks like an artificil movie set inside a 1940's film
Haha, Ray, you're so cute!
ReplyDeleteYou know I don't mind if you make more comments. I love your constructive criticism.