Yesterday was so blustery that I had to drive to get Savannah from school. While sitting in the car the wind was so strong that it actually felt like the car wanted to topple over! It was fun watching the kids overreact to sharp gusts. Some girls would scream and others were completely charged by the wind's energy.
Some of my Halloween decorations fell over and I've yet to fix them due to it still being a bit windy. I'll probably fix it later today and hopefully the strong winds will calm down.
I heard from other people that there was snowfall in some of the states! I know it shouldn't be a surprise; we usually get snow around this time and usually on Halloween. In fact, many times I remember the first snow fall to start on Halloween. That's why I usually plan Halloween costumes for the cold. I'll make fleece cloaks or warmer fabrics to help block that biting wind.
Speaking of costumes, Savannah's is half-way done. I'll be trying to finish it up today so I can go to the fabric store to get supplies to make a tutu-like skirt for Nahdene. It'll be the colors of a flame! That's going to be a a fun little project.
So, now, here are the new pictures for today that continues our bike ride with Allison.
I love how Allison looks like she's stalking her prey with her camera.
I think Josh had fun too!
The colors of fall always make me feel happy.
The sunlight was dimming where we were since we were further down along the river bank. Our path darkened but we made our way up to the light.
We have to cross over the train tracks in order to get back on the path. So many things are discarded along the tracks. Rope, haphazardly thrown along the side, conjures strange and macabre thoughts and scenarios.
The breeze muffled the sounds around me; my hair whipping around and into my eyes, still didn't stop the cacophony of birdsongs. Geese flew low, honking all the way, heading to their next destination.
With that, the sun set and we made our way home. But, no, the adventure didn't end there...
More for tomorrow.
If only I had my camera today! I would've captured the trees swaying almost down to the ground and the two trees as they tumbled down in front of me during my walk. I love the sound of the wind but... well, it is powerful today!
ReplyDeleteI love how you captured Josh here. Those ropes do seem creepy. I also love how you catch the small details and make them big.
The "stalking prey" comment makes me think I need the shirt that says "I shoot people!" but has a picture of a camera on it. :)
ReplyDeleteVal: That would have been great. I really should take a few pictures of how windy it is here. I love the movement of the trees with all the color. In fact, I'll do that after I'm done here.
ReplyDeleteAllison: I'd LOVE THAT! I can easily see you wearing that. *BIG GRIN*