Thursday, November 4, 2010

Oh, a rinky dinky, dinky.



When I was younger, now not too much younger though, I used to watch all the 'Disney Sing-A-Long Songs' videos. I still, to this day, remember all the songs because of how many times I watched them. In fact, I do believe I wore out a lot of those tapes. The songs will trigger something in me and I can't help the songs coming out of my mouth!

The video above was one of the songs that I used to love to sing. In all honesty, I didn't like the style Disney had for that time frame. The animation was too rough-draft looking and dirty feeling. I love the movies like Jungle Book through the Rescuers but I honestly was bothered by the unclean lines. Not only that, I found many, many times where they were, perhaps, lazy and reused animation frames. You'll see it in The Jungle Book and Winnie the Pooh.


You will see it often in fact!


I'm not sure why they thought this was acceptable!? I know it was cheaper and it saved time but I guess that's the whole rushed, unfinished look that bothers me.

You can see why Disney during that time went through a big depression and the studios almost shut down. It was thanks to Oliver and Company but mostly because of The Little Mermaid that they were pulled out of that dark abyss.

I love cartoons! I love animated movies and would still go see them in theaters even if I didn't have a kid. That's one part of me that you could see that is the kid in me. Still, isn't it mature to admit that you can be an adult and still enjoy things that, even though they are geared at kids, bring you happiness?

I still draw fanart for cartoons long gone. In fact, looking at my DeviantArt Account you can clearly see that. I haven't had much time this year to draw as much as I would like to. I know once it starts getting colder; I will be on track with that again.

So, in the meantime, I will post pictures of my life because it makes me happy.


During the summer one of our favorite things is to drive and explore new areas. We will purposely get lost because you never know what you will find. Here is what looks to be the Bee Balm flower.


One of my favorite trees, besides the mighty Oak, is the Weeping Willow. Growing up, my grandmother lived by a lake; by her house was a giant Willow who's branches would sway in the wind making the most beautiful sound. I would tangle myself up in her branches and pretend I was hidden while feeling "one" with the tree. It's branches were so long that they would soak into the water below like fingers playing in the waves.

This picture was taken while we were going 60mph. Haha.


Summer wasn't complete without the arrival of the Red Winged Blackbird. Their trill song makes me smile and feel like things are right in the world because it's truly summer. They are such an expressive bird and so much fun to watch as they try to attract a potential mate.


Cold, sterile, granary storage units await a train to unload it's feed; it was a big contrast to the warm summery feel in the air that night.


The setting sun played with the wispy clouds leaving a beautiful painting in the sky. It set the mood for excellent pictures.


Ponds, in the middle of corn fields, made for great reflective mirrors to enhance the sky's beauty.


Wisconsin is known for a few things. Barns scattered throughout the country, many in disrepair, house dairy cows. It give's fodder to the joke "Smell the fresh Dairy Air"; playing on the word derrière. ;)


Time seems to go quickly on these drives, not that I mind! The winter is fun to drive too but sometimes it's too dangerous. So, summer time will continue to be my favorite driving season.

But, give me a good thunderstorm and that makes for one beautiful ride too.

1 comment:

  1. Your sunset pictures are lovely - I love looking at them. Actually you are quite a good photographer - diverse and interesting subjects. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.