♫ Started out so simple and innocent
So simple and innocent, so simple and innocent, so simple and innocent
Chemistry like apple and cinnamon ♪
With the day of Thanksgiving creeping upon us it conjures ideas of gluttony, warm fires, and laughing with family. This is also the time of year where we have a lot of birthdays packed into this same time. My brother Spud and Savannah's birthday is only one day apart. Usually Thanksgiving is around that time and it makes it difficult for them because of it. People forget or get caught up combining those birthdays and holidays.
I understand this completely because my birthday falls very close to Christmas. So I always try to keep birthdays special and focused solely on the celebration of the person. They deserve a day celebrating who they are.
Unfortunately, Spud will be in KY when his birthday comes around but he knows we will be thinking of him. :D
I have more pictures to share from this summer. Another discovery-drive led us to discover this interesting little park tucked away. We didn't get to explore as much as we would have liked due to the mosquitoes being to fierce and a lack of bug spray to defend ourselves.
It felt so private. We were the only people there. There was hardly a sound of other people being around.
A spring bubbled up from the ground and then spilled down a small waterfall. It smelled so wonderfully crisp and clean.
A large tree's hole was filled in. I thought this was an interesting way of protecting the tree.
Steam from the lake rose eerily and slowly moved in the wind.
Still being summer; the flowers and plants were flourishing. A storm had recently picked up their spirits and brightened all of the colors.
A dead tree out in the lake was a strange juxtaposition to all of the thriving, living things surrounding it.
The feeling in the air was quite haunting.
We were losing light but it didn't stop us from trying to at least explore as much as we can before retreating from the mosquito hoards.
A drinking fountain must have been tapped into the spring close by. The water tasted so fresh and clean.
I'm trying to get plans all set for Thanksgiving and Savannah's birthday. I'm trying to hash things together and make them come to fruition.
Sadly, today I'm lacking in the energy department. I'm having a difficult time motivating myself to do much of anything. I'm currently heating water for tea but I'm hoping this will provide a pick-me-up.
Great as Always
ReplyDeleteI really love the filled-in tree hole. How lovely! Seeing all that green makes me appreciate the warmer days. The Big White Blanket is sure to come any day now. Lots of dark rain up north today. I heard you folks in Southeastern Wisconsin got thunderstorms and tornadoes! Poor Miya and her daughters had to wait it out in the basement for awhile. Hope you're well! I look forward to MORE. More photos that is, not necessarily weather...
ReplyDeleteRay: Thanks!
ReplyDeleteVal: The weather sure was nice yesterday. Yeah, we were going to go watch a movie at one of the theaters but that one was closed because all the power was out due to a tornado. So we went to another theater. Now the cold is here and I'm sure to stay. ;) It's okay, we were blessed with such nice weather.