♪
Than to face another night
In Southern Sun
And your love is all around♫
Yay! Thanks to a suggestion from a friend; I have found a new way to share music with you every day. So far I'm really liking this website.
Last night we went and saw Megamind. I went in not sure what to think and wasn't sure if I'd like it or not. I think the character designs were something off putting to me but I gave it a chance. I'm glad I did! The movie was great. Sure, it was predictable in parts but what movie isn't anymore? I also had another self realization come to me again. Sure I knew this about myself but I was once again reminded by the character Megamind.
I love good-bad guys. I found that through all of my life I've been that way. From toddler to now; I like that type! Even the stingier uptight sorta character that has a soft gooey center to them.
From Oscar the Grouch, The Count & Bert all the way to Beetlejuice, Chip (from chip and dale's rescue rangers) and the like; it's a repeating theme. (Not that I mind.)
So, onto the final pictures of the watermelon eating contest.
You know, on a side note, I love fresh fruit. It can't be cold though! I love fruit at room temperature or sun-warmed in order for me to fully enjoy every savory flavor. That's why I love gardens too! The fruit or veggies taste so good!
In the winter sometimes I'll slightly warm up oranges in the microwave. It's just something I feel brings out certain subtle flavors that aren't there when they are cold.
Okay, pictures, yes!
Another note about today; I was called this morning about my bloodwork results. You see, I had them checked because a few years ago I was on a medication for my skin called Accutane. It made my cholesterol shoot through the roof! It was dangerously high but lucky for me I was finished with "rounds" of pills. I switched meds for my skin but also at the same time my cholesterol came down; not as low as I would like but it came down nonetheless.
During that time I also lost a lot of weight, close to 40/50 pounds, and changed my exercise up a notch. I've always eaten healthier so the issue was cutting down on how much I ate in comparison to how much I burned. I didn't turn hyperfocused but integrated it into my life so it wasn't a BIG change. I still ate what I liked but my portions were smaller. During the summer, Josh and I would take 5 mile walks and during the school-time I would walk to Savannah's school which is a mile away and a mile back.
It's amazing the weight started just coming right off. I learned little tidbits about health like: The human stomach is only as big as your fist. That's how big your meals should be otherwise it stretches out the stomach. The stomach, although it can handle it, shouldn't stretch out like that!
Here's a neat little link explaining it a bit clearer but I've found these things to be true once I changed my eating habits.
So, back to the phone call, they called me personally to let me know my cholesterol/triglycerides were VERY high. I was shocked! They said normal levels are about 150 and mine were ate 350!!!! I asked how this was and they said that birth control I'm on raises those levels in some people and since Accutane did that to me earlier; it was clear that that was the culprit.
They want me to get off my birth control right away and we'll be changing my meds right away.
So, here I am, rethinking things and weighing my options. I think I will see about some medicines to help reduce those levels and see what my doctor will think will help.
I've been wanting to join a gym so I can get back into walking 5 miles every weeknight again. I've slacked on days to walk to Savannah's school but I'm going to crack down on that again. Too bad I don't like being cold at all.
Wow! Your photos are gorgeous. Really stunning.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking for one of your older AMVs - do you still have them around anywhere? I asked yonks ago on your Youtube profile, heh. I'll send you a note over on Devart since I don't have an account here. :)
-Lith
Thanks Lith! I'll try to post the videos here because Youtube took them down for the most part because the songs were copywrited. :P
ReplyDeleteJust keep checking here because I also will be posting sketches and stuff that I don't post on DA. I try to post every weekday. :D
It's okay that you don't have an account. I do believe though you can subscribe by email to see when I've updated.